Side Split Skirt

5:48 PM


My inspiration for this outfit comes from one of my favorite actresses - I think you can guess which one (Hint: It's Angelina Jolie). It was also semi-inspired by Gigi Hadid (another one of my style icons) who recently donned a similar outfit, pictured here. I decided to take this little number for a spin on my first visit to the LACMA. It was the most beautiful day for some photos in front of the popular Urban Light exhibit. The street lamps are all restored from the 1920's and 1930's and arranged in the most photo-friendly position. It's a great thing to see up close and personal instead of just in movies, which was previously my only exposure to it. 

I wanted the focus for this look to be the velvet texture of the skirt. Purchased a few seasons ago on Nasty Gal, the velvet has never let me down. I paired it with a basic black tank and a pair of Chelsea booties (both from Zara) and a thin black belt with gold details. Despite what Anna Wintour might think, I feel that one can never go wrong in an all black outfit. 



 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

recent posts