Holiday Trends that Belong in Your Closet

1:40 PM

Over the holiday break (one nice long month) I saw a lot of different things happening fashion-wise. I don't know about you all, but for a 22-year old semi-carefree undergraduate, christmas is a time when the word "gift" becomes synonymous with the word "money" and my inner shopaholic comes out. This list is a bit of what I added to my wardrobe and a bit of what I wish I could add. Let the countdown begin:

#5 Faux Fur Coats
Perhaps an obvious choice for winter are faux-fur classics such as beige and black. This seasons, daring amounts of colors and patterns have come into the mix. Some of my favorites are:
Boxy Faux Fur - Forever 21 $37

Motel Fudge Faux Fur in Leopard - Motel Rocks $150



#4 Watch
A staple piece that pretty much speaks for itself, but you have to admit that chain links are coming back. They're everywhere! From Michael Kors to Fossil, to the cheaper but still convincing versions that Target has available, this is a must have to complete any outfit. Also, a timepiece is a wonderfully sensible thing to own. 
Darci Collection - Michael Kors $195

Rose Gold Chronograph Fossil - $145


#3 Studded Heels
All of my favorite bloggers are wearing these this season. If you're not so popular online or so financially inclined, there are many more affordable versions of this original Valentino. Ultimately this is a great winter accessory for a night out on the town.
Valentino Rockstud Slingback Pumps - Barneys $995

Studded Contrast Stilettos - oasap.com $51.52



#2 White
Whether you live near snow-covered hills or sunny LA, white is where it's at. Just ask Kim K.

 My favorite piece from this ensemble has to be the pumps. Give any look a crisp white kick with these Jeffrey Campbells from Nasty Gal. 

Jeffrey Campbell Dulce in White - Nasty Gal $152


#1 Tall Black Boots
And my number one favorite trend this season, the tall black boot with a soft-cloth back. I noticed these breaking out everywhere around campus during the fall. When I realized I needed a staple black boot for winter, I knew what I wanted it to look like. They go great with any outfit and are a nice relief from the typical buckle that's usually seen everywhere, also surprisingly easy to clean!
Stuart Weitzman - Nordstrom $635

DYANNA - Aldo $190 (On sale for $104!)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

recent posts