Italian Holiday Pt. 2: Sicily

6:37 PM


Four days later, on we trekked to Sicily! True there are many stereotypes about Sicilian people, but I will tell you one fact: They really do love their food! Sicilian food felt like a true Italian experience; spaghetti, pizza, you name it. Even more magical was the landscape. As you may know, Sicily is a mountainous island. We stayed in a charming hotel in the capital, Palermo. The city reminded me very much of Rome, except perhaps slightly less grand. Palermo gives off a tangible city-vibe, which was what we were hoping to escape once we arrived. Luckily, an hour by train took us away to the seaside village of Cefalú. I don't think I could properly describe the beauty of this Sicilian village if I tried! Here we spent most of the day on the beach and swimming in the Mediterranean, an experience unparalleled to any I've had before. One day we decided to climb a mountain! The views from the top of Il Rocco brought on a feeling of absolute bliss. I think the photos will just have to speak for themselves!




Quatro Canti

The docks


Il Duomo in Cefalú





At the top of Il Rocco





This holiday was a whirlwind of exciting adventure that I was so grateful to have.
I never imagined that I would get to travel the world with my soul mate, but here is the living proof that we actually did it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

recent posts